2021 Inauguration Ceremony
The President and Vice President of the United States will be sworn into office during a ceremony on Wednesday, January 20, 2021. The inauguration ceremony is traditionally held on the west end of the U.S. Capitol and managed by the Joint Congressional Committee on Inaugural Ceremonies (JCCIC).
The JCCIC typically provides members of Congress with a limited number of viewing area tickets to distribute, most of which are for a standing area near the east end of the National Mall. Because of the coronavirus and changing public health guidance, the inaugural ceremony will likely look different than in years past. Unfortunately, this means we are limited in our ability to answer your questions about the event at this time.
To request tickets, please do the following:
1. Read the “Additional Information” section below.
2. Fill out the "Ticket Request Form" below.
- By filling out the "Ticket Request Form" below, ticket requesters will be added to a first-come, first-serve list for tickets.
- The JCCIC will not inform Members of Congress on how many tickets they will provide until after the presidential election on November 3, 2020. The Office of Congresswoman DelBene will not grant requests for inauguration tickets until the JCCIC has informed members of Congress regarding the number of tickets that the Members will receive.
- We recognize that this is not the best situation for reserving hotel rooms in D.C. for the night before and the night of the presidential inauguration. We strongly recommend that ticket requesters make flexible travel arrangements given this situation.
- The JCCIC does not release the actual tickets to members of Congress until about a week before the inauguration ceremony itself. Receiving granted tickets may require reliance on a commercial overnight mail service. Our office will pay for the overnight shipping.
- Ticket requests from persons who are not residents of Washington’s 1st Congressional District will not be answered.
- Ticket requests that are not fully completed will not be answered.
- Please keep in mind that our office will be given a limited number of tickets to distribute, but as of right now, we have not been notified of the number of tickets we will receive. As a result, we cannot guarantee that you will receive tickets.
- Note: You may request as many tickets as you want, but the granting of tickets, when that occurs, may be limited to 2.
- Our office will keep ticket requesters updated with any details provided by the JCCIC in the event that changes are made to the ceremony. We thank you for your patience and understanding!
Ticket Request Form
Required fields are followed by *.